About Me

My photo
living for more than this world...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

trips and falls





Today was an outstanding day! I'm working at the church Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday which leaves Sunday (a work day, remember?) and Wednesday free. Well I've been eager to occupy those days and today was my first day watching Maddie. Sweet, wonderful Maddie!
We started off our day of fun with breakfast at a cute little tea room. While waiting for our crepes (Maddie ordered for the both of us) my little friend spotted a shelf of books on the other side of the room. She walked over and, with care, picked out two books and brought them back to our table. For her own reading pleasure she chose a book about a family of owls. And for me....ancient people. To be honest...I wanted to read about the exciting journey of the owl family but I guess Maddie didn't think it was age-appropriate. I guess I should grow up and read boring things...i just don't wanna.
Next we walked out to the parking lot and it was then when I experienced the first fall of the day. Wet step. SMACK. Maddie thought it was funny.
Ski Dubai was the most thrilling part of the day. We, with much trouble, put on all our skiing gear and waited for the instructor. I forgot what cold weather feels like. Walking into that life-sized snow globe was a bit shocking! I'm becoming a warm weather wimp. We learned how to do the basics and then got on the conveyer belt ski lift thing and as soon as I reached the top I took a tumble. Again, Maddie thought it was funny. Not a good start.
"pull yourself together, woman. A child can get off this crazy thing with no problem!"
First time down the hill...i'm out in 5 seconds. give or take. maddie thought it was funny.
First time going down the higher hill...out in 3 seconds. give or take. maddie thought it was funny.
Over all it was AMAZING! If you can believe it we both did better than expected. I'm looking forward to going back and taking a few more spills down the only skiing slope in the desert.
At lunch maddie realized she took the key to the mens room at our dads office. It may have been an interesting day at work :/
Bowling.
Window shopping.
Work out.
Exhaustion.
First thing Maddie said when we got in the car with Jane was, "Emma. FALL! ha ha ha". I pretended like there was one time during the day when I had a little stumble.
When out walking with the family (this means anna too) i tripped over the pavement.

ARE YOU KIDDING?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you went to Ski Dubai!! OMGosh, I would pay big bucks (if I had them) to see you falling down all day. Love reading your blog entries. Isn't technology great. Give hugs and kisses to everyone . . . well maybe not Anna since she doesn't know me . . . unless you want to, just to be friendly . . . but i don't want her to think i'm weird . . . oops too late

Sarah said...

Emma, I laughed the whole way through your story--almost as good as having you here and hearing it in person! Beautiful pictures :) Miss you.