About Me

My photo
living for more than this world...

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

my good shepherd


We just ended our third day in Dubai. Almost a week ago we were heading to the airport unsure of how our day to day lives would look like. i'm still not sure what our life will be like exactly but the picture is much more clear. We're in a beautiful apartment with a view of the city which still blows my mind. The other night i was feeling a little low and i went out on to our balcony. it was windy and the city lights reflected in the water of the channel. i started to wisper a few of my favorite hymns and soon i was well restored. It's beautiful out there.

Anna and I are sharing a room with a big window overlooking the tennis courts and other buildings under construction. We sit there and watch the men working. It's the funnies thing. Everyday the men take naps after lunch; they just lay down near the edges and sleep. One time a guy tried to wake up the others and they started smacking each other a little and his hard hat fell 4 stories. SO FUNNY!

We've been working out, playing tennis, and taking walks. Today we went to the beach and saw a man riding camels along the beach offering rides to tourists. random. Tomorrow I'm going with Anna to her school to register because i have nothing else to do. Tomorrow night we're going to a game night at the church so i can meet with the church staff and set up a time to do an interview.


There are things going on here which are troubling. People are crying out for a savior. We just watched a video about a man who works in Lebanon as a shepherd. He said some really beautiful things. He said that if a sheep were to get lost he would call for it because the sheep know its master's voice. The sheep would cry out for its shepherd until it was found. It cries out...

There are a lot of beautiful things here but i need to be careful that i don't get caught up. There are hurting people. I had forgotton my desire and need for God until i went out on the balcony and found Him in the silence. I cry out for my God even when i don't recognize it.


"For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;

he will lead them to springs of living water.

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes" Rev. 7:17



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I love you! And I miss you! And did you remember to take my letter!? And I love you!

Sarah said...

Beautiful thoughts, and true ones. Thank you for the reminder.