About Me

My photo
living for more than this world...

Thursday, November 6, 2008

College Kid

I started in late Aug. and it's already November. Today as I walked through the Student Center I felt...comfortable. It's taken longer than I had expected to adjust but finally the adjustment has been made. Now that I'm feeling great about school...'it's time to change again', says God.

I've learned more than I ever could have if I had stayed home. I've learned to appreciate my parents, do ALL of your dishes, laundry- it isn't one of those things you can put off, set your stuff down at a table before getting food, use candles and febreze, drink coffee, stock up on toilet paper, when confused it's better to walk around pretending to know exactly what you need to do until you actually figure it out, records will give you a hug if you look confused about classes, checking mail is pointless, only go to McConn if you have time to wait in line, if you bake in the kitchen you make friends (many friends), if people are loud at night it's better to join them rather than shush them, and finally, it's nice to know people in high places!

As for the next season in my life...I'll be glad to have another list of new discoveries.

1 comment:

rachel joy baransi said...

"it's time to change again," says God.

i love that line, i love you.

i'm overwhelmingly grateful you have a blog!

i can't wait for what is to come.............!